About Yoga Moves MS

My photo
Farmington Hills, MI, United States

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Yoga Spirit Wellness and Therapeutic Yoga for MS

Yoga Spirit Wellness, offers in adaptive yoga classes which are designed to meet the needs of those with MS or other similar chronic conditions. Just as mainstream yoga is growing for people without physical challenges, therapeutic yoga is recognized as a practice for people with physical challenges to enhance their overall physical, emotional and spiritual well being.

Many with MS have not only work limitations but also can suffer from extensive financial expenses associated with their treatment. Individuals express the desire to practice Yoga for MS but are reluctant to do so even with costs held to a bare minimum.

You can read testimonials from students who attend Yoga for Health and Healing and Yoga for MS classes which will warm your hearts.

LC states, “These classes benefit me greatly. I have been dealing with MS for nearly 25 years, though most notably for the last 9. Yoga helps me lessen spasms and improve my balance significantly. The stretches are recovering my range of motion, particularly to my arms. I walk out of class more steadily, more energized and more serene. Besides it’s just fun.”

LW- “The benefits of this class for me are almost too numerous to list. Benefits are twofold, both physical and emotional. Just a few of the physical benefits of our class are:

- Stretching, strengthening the body, and improving muscle memory.
- Learning and performing exercises to improve balance.
- Trying and doing a variety of new movements and poses weekly.
- Receiving direction and assistance from Mindy and other yoga therapists.
- Classes are adaptive and flexible geared for each individual’s level of
performance for that day.

JK - "Mindy and the other women are encouraging and helpful, and still they understand when I have pushed to my limit for that day. Balance is a weak spot for me, so I really can appreciate how many different things I can do on the floor or in a chair or leaning against something else."

"I would like to not have MS. I wish that when I stand to walk, a miracle
would happen and I could walk and run just like I used to. However, when I
cross the threshold into the yoga studio, there is no judgment. We are all
the same, and this yoga class provides that respite and solace just for 2
hours, I am able to leave MS at the door for a short while.”

The MS Foundation supports research into the cause and cure of MS, as well as the investigation of various medical and complementary treatment options.

No comments:

Post a Comment